James Lawrence Raymond
Information Technology Education Specialist
Solutions-oriented IT educational specialist with notable success directing a broad range of corporate IT education initiatives. Systematically managed the planning, analysis and implementation of computer curriculum in direct support of company and client objectives.
· Outstanding leadership abilities; able to coordinate and direct all phases of project-based efforts while managing, motivating and leading project teams.
· Broad experience leading all stages of system development efforts, including requirements definition, design, architecture, system integration, testing and support.
· Responsible for successful design, construction and management of several multi-million dollar Electronic Classroom projects.
· Extensive experience in the latest computer architecture and software design from basic to advanced depending on project requirements.
· Effective development of project documentation, milestones, technical specifications, student and instructor documentation.
Platforms: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Linux, Outstart Evolution (LMS & Development Tools).
Networking: TCP/IP, Novell, ISO/OSI, Ethernet, VPN, PKI
Languages: C, Basic, HTML
Tools: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Outlook, Publisher), Semantic Client Security, Photoshop, Studio 8, Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat, Lectora, Authorware 7.
Intelligent Decision Systems Inc., 1999 - Present
IT Education Specialist and Curriculum Development Manager
Recruited to conduct computer system technical analyses, curriculum development and Learning Management System integration for Navy schoolhouse projects. Created and delivered presentations to government clients resulting in additional contract funds for continued revision of curriculum.
· Experienced integrator of US Navy curriculum into Outstart Evolution's, Learning Management System (LMS) for lesson management, testing and student progress tracking.
· Program Manager for computer stand-alone lessons, Computer Assisted Instruction, and lesson implementation.
· Conducted research for new training technologies and analyzed commercial and government off the shelf computer programs for usability.
· Prepared company's executive level project presentations for new and follow-on contract work.
· Researched, collected and organized Navy multimedia materials for curriculum course development.
· Analyzed curriculum currency and optimized Instructional Design for several classified Navy projects.
Successful leadership experience including the management and training of 450 personnel at a Navy training center. Oversaw the training and certification of over 800 ship engineers as squadron senior engineer. Designed and implemented security processes and procedures, and performed cost benefit analyses on recommended strategies. Presented systems designs and training strategies to senior management and system users.
Education and Credentials
Professional Training and Certifications
Outstart Evolution Authoring and Administration, 2003
Office 2000 (Advanced),
A+ Computer, New Horizons Inc., 2000
Microsoft Computer Network Engineer, 1998
Novel Network Administrator, Entex Inc., 1998
Navy Interactive Courseware Authoring (NICNAC), 1998
Associations and Affiliations
Samish Indian Nation Tribe Member
Top Secret, DoNCAF, 03 September 2003
1. Dr. Marci Murawski, Ph.D., President, Intelligent Decision Systems, Inc., 5870 Trinity Parkway, Suite 200, Centreville, VA. 20120, 703-766-9631
2. Dr. Frankie Jeffery, Ph.D., Instructional Multimedia Specialist,
Naval Education and Training Command,
3. Dr. Melanie Sutton, Ph.D., Professor of Computer Science, University of West Florida, 11000 University Parkway, Pensacola, FL. 32514, 850-474-2977
4. Mr. Paul Thomasson, Human Resources Information Technology
Specialist, Boeing Aerospace,
5. Mr. Paul Phelps, Regional Sales Manager, Pacific Food Importers,
6. Ms. Mary Sue Finley, Senior Flight Crew,